Heartsaver ® Pediatric First Aid
This course is specially designed to train those responsible for children’s health in meeting state-specific requirements. The Backed by comprehensive state-by-state research, it meets the regulatory and the credentialed training requirements for child-care workers in all 50 states.
Course covers following:
• Pediatric First Aid
• Asthma Care Training for Child Care Providers
• Adult/Child CPR with Mask
• Adult/Child AED.
Optional pediatrics first aid modules are:
• Pediatric first aid topics, including the eye injuries; fever; suspected abuse; and snake, spider, scorpion, tick, and marine animal bites and stings
• Infant CPR with Mask.
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid course is intended for all the individuals involved in child care who have a duty to respond to a cardiac emergency involving a child, includes the following:
• child-care and foster-care workers
• recreation and other community program staff
• camp counselors
• sports coaches and trainers
• new parents, guardians, and other caretakers.
Course length can range be from 2.5 hours to 8 hours, depending on the needs and the modules taught, with skills practice (first aid) and the skills testing (CPR & AED) by an American Heart Association instructor during the course.